UPSC Civil service exams are conducted every year for the following 23 different branches of civil services.
Yearly lakhs and lakhs of people are attending this UPSC Civil exam but only a few thousand students are able to successfully clear this examination.
Even though there are 23 different Civil Services Branches under UPSC, the most popular services are Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Revenue Service (IRS) and Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
The candidates are allotted on Civil services depending on their rankings obtained in the examination. Once a candidate is allotted for a particular service, he/she will be appointed to various posts under a particular service but in some cases where he/she may go on deputation to another department in another service.
The different Civil Services Branches are given here, and further in upcoming posts, we will be publishing the detailed information in each service including Salary, Cutoff, Eligibility, Roles and responsibilities, Training, Promotions and further detailed information about it.
UPSC Posts – 3 Types of Civil Services
All India Civil Services
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Forest Service (IFoS)
Group ‘A’ Civil Services
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS)
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS)
- Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS)
- Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS)
- Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES)
- Indian Information Service (IIS)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)
- Indian Communication Finance Services (ICFS)
- Indian Postal Service (IPoS)
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS)
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS)
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
- Indian Trade Service (ITS)
- Railway Protection Force (RPF)
Group ‘B’ Civil Services
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service
- Pondicherry Civil Service
- Pondicherry Police Service