The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted all over the India, which primarily tests the students comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science, which varies with the student’s course.
In recent years, GATE exam has been allowed to international students from the following countries,
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
On behalf of National Coordination Board, GATE exam is conducted by the following institutes,
- Indian Institute of Science-IISc
- IIT Roorkee, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Bombay.
The exam consists of 65 MCQ’s and numerical questions for a time duration of 3-hours.
GATE Score is valid, only for a period of 3 years from the year of completion.
Benefits of GATE Exam (Why GATE?)
Getting an valuable score in GATE exam enables the students to get an opportunity for an admission in IITs and IISc, particularly in a following programs
- ME (Master of Engineering)
- MTech (Master of Technology)
- Doctor of Philosophy
Students may also get chance for a direct interview calls for PSU jobs in across the India, for which starting salary is sometimes as high as 14.9
example: Power Grid
Read This Article :
GATE exam scores valued in following places;
- To get an admission in reputed foreign universities with expected scholarships such as,
- Aachen university (Germany) – known for mechanical and automobile engineering
- Technical University of Munich (Germany)
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technical University (Singapore)
- To get Fellowship programs in IIMs (equivalent to PhD) with stipend ranging from Rs. 35,000 to 40,000 for a month along with a one time grant of Rs. 1,00,000 to 2,00,000 specialization in,
- Behavioural Sciences
- Finance and Control
- Management Information Systems
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Public Policy and Management
- Strategic Management
- To get an admission to NITIE, Mumbai – known for Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Management, Project Management.
In 2018, the average salary of graduates from this institute(NITIE)was 19.2L.
The students under the following categories are allowed to appear for GATE exams.
- Final Year students of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture program. (4 year program after 10+2)
- Final Year students of Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or its equivalent.
Note : Pre-final year students are not eligible for applying in GATE exam. There is no age restriction for students eligible for applying in GATE exam.
- GATE syllabus is mainly focused on the most intensive topics in engineering subjects.
GATE exam questions is usually classified as below;
|Engineering mathematics questions||13-15 marks|
|General aptitude questions||15 marks|
|Core questions||70-72 marks|
General aptitude questions (common for all streams) to test analytic skills in
- verbal ability
- numerical ability.
|Indian female, SC, ST and Physically challenged students||Rs.750|
|Rest of Indian candidates||Rs.1500|
GATE Exam score of the candidates is usually expected to announce in the 3rd week of March (around 40 days from the date of exam).
The GATE scorecard consists of the following ;
Read this Article:
1.GATE Score (on a scale of 1000)
- Marks (out of 100)
- Qualifying marks for General, OBC and SC/ST/PwD categories.
- All India Rank of the candidates.
- Number of candidates appeared in particular paper.
Both Marks as well as GATE score is released because,
- Marks reflects the performance of the candidates in his question paper.
- GATE Score is normalized score with compared to different sets of question papers.
- For Example, On behalf of huge applicants, particular branch is divided into 4 time slots.
- In each slots students will get different sets of questions.
- Since the difficulty level might vary among the slots, so the organizing body releases GATE score which is used to compare and rank students in different time slots.
Financial Assistance for the GATE candidates:
- In order to get a financial assistance from the Government, the student must first secure admission to a program in these Institutes.
- Qualification in GATE exam is a primary qualification, to apply for various fellowships providing by many Government organizations.
- The eligibility for postgraduate admission with scholarship remains unique with respect to the institutes.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.