The Indian Post & Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service (IP&TAFS) is one of the Group ‘A’ service available for the candidates successfully passing the UPSC exams. This service was constituted in 1973. The role of this service is to provide accounting and financial services to the Indian posts and telecommunications departments. Later this service has been renamed as Indian Communication Finance Service (ICFS)
Here we, in this post looking into the detailed information about this civil service, as its important to know about a particular services before joining or applying for it.
Informations as follows
- After getting selection as ICFS candidates through Civil Services Examination, the officers undergo a foundation course, which is held with the officers of other services like IAS, IFS & Central Services Group A which comprises a total period of 4 months conducted at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration at Mussoorie.
- Next state of training is for six months period focusing on professional practice in Financial Management at the National Institute of Financial Management, Faridabad
- It is a specialized training institute under the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- The next level of training will be held at the National Institute of Communication Finance (NICF) at Ghitorni, New Delhi.
- There they’ve trained with Telecom technologies and Postal procedures, where officers are debuted for ten months.
In between these training, the candidates are also deputed for on-field training in telecom areas as well as postal regions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To Asset and Collect the License fee and Spectrum Usage charges of Telecom Licensers.
- Spectrum Auction, which is 2G,3G,4G.
- To build Policy in the Department of Telecommunications and the Department of Posts.
- To manage financially in the Department of posts and Department of Telecommunications.
- To do with internal Auditing in the Department of Telecommunications and the Department of Posts.
- To carry with the Accounting side in the Department of Posts and Department of Telecommunications.
- To manage pensions in the department of DoT, DoP, BSNL, and MTNL.
CAREER PROSPECTS AND ITS GROWTH:
After completing the training provided with the satisfying the recruiting officers, they will be entered in the service at the Grade level of Junior Time Scale in the pay-scale of Rs.15600-39100 (Grade Pay of Rs. 5400) with further promotion according to their capabilities, up to the level of Junior Administrative Grade (NFSG) within 13 years of the service.
- The highest grade in the cadre is HAG+, which has a pay scale of Rs. 75500-80000.
FURTHER GROWTH IN ICFS:
- IT officials and Financial Advisors
- Budget and Accounting managers
- Finance and Asset manager
- Project controller in the communication division
- Internal Auditing officers
- Revenue Assessments and Collection department
- Spectrum allocation areas
- Rural project managing officers.
GRADE AND ITS SALARY :
|Senior Time Scale||15600-39100 + Grade Pay 5400|
|Senior Time Scale||15600-39100 + Grade Pay 6600|
|Junior Administrative Grade||15600-39100 + Grade Pay 7600|
|Senior Administrative Grade||37400-67000 + Grade Pay 10000|
|Higher Administrative Grade||67000(annual increment @ 3%)-79000|
|Higher Administrative Grade+||75500-80000|