NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY:
The National Defence Academy is one of the joint services academies of the Indian Armed Forces, for which people seek for it after successfully clearing the defence entrance exams in India.
NDA recruitment is conducted for the admission to the main defence sectors of India. They are Army, Navy and Air Force and also Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
Table Of Contents
- 1 NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY:
- 2 It is conducting twice for per year.
- 3 Qualifications:
- 4 Age Limit:
- 5 Nationality:
- 6 Marital status:
- 7 Selection process :
- 8 PHYSICAL STANDARDS:
- 9 Height and weight for Army and Air force:
- 10 Height and weight Navy forces:
- 11 Regarding limits of the Tattoo:
- 12 Other basic medical conditions:
- 13 Educational qualification:
- 14 Army :
- 15 Air Force, Navy and Naval:
- 16 Exam pattern:
- 17 Grade and its Pay scale:
- 18 5 Reasons, Why we should choose NDA?
It is conducting twice for per year.
The exam is being conducted in two stages
- Written exam
- SSB Interview.
- Nearly four lakh candidates arrive for NDA every year, in which approximately 6000 candidates only requested for SSB Interview.
- The NDA is located in Khadakwasla, Pune,Maharashtra.
- NDA is the first tri-service academy in the all over the World.
Candidates who have born after July 2, 2001, and before July 1, 2004, are eligible to apply for NDA 1 exam.
The date of birth is calculated in accordance with the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate and also certificate recognised by an Indian University which is equivalent to Matriculation is considered.
- Nationality of a candidate must be either of the following:
- The appearing candidates for the exam must be present in the following places.
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India for permanent settlement in India must be before January 1, 1962.
The following countries are accepted provided they came for permanent settlement in India:
- Sri Lanka
- East African countries of Kenya
- The United Republic of Tanzania
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for applying the exam. Candidates should not undergo marriage until they completed their training.
Candidates who gets married during the training will be discharged and asked to pay all the expenditure spend to him during the training periods and other expenditures by the government.
Selection process :
Based on written exam, interview, strength and medical tests.
Height and weight for Army and Air force:
The minimum height allotted is 157 cms (For Air Force it is 162.5 cms).
|Height in cms||Weight in kgs|
|16-17 Years||17-18 Years||18-19 Years|
People from the following regions have certain exceptions.
Gorkhas and candidates from the region of North-Eastern hilly areas of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum height will be 5 cms less than the standard height.
Candidates belonging to Lakshadweep the minimum height standard can be minus 2 cms to the standard one
|Height in cms||Weight in kgs|
|16 Years||18 Years||20 Years|
Requirements for the candidates who wished to join as Pilot:
The length should be minimum of 99 cms and maximum of 120 cms
Thigh Length :
Maximum of 64 cms
The height should be minimum of 81.50 cms and maximum is 96 cms
Standards of visual ratings:
The distance vision (corrected) of candidates in the better eye should be 6/6 and in the worse eye it should be 6/9 .
Myopia should be less than 2.5 D
Hyper metropia should not more than 3.5 D, it includes Astigmatism
It’s must , for the Air Force candidates to not to wear spectacles
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5||+2.00 D Sph|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||Nil|
|Manifest Myopia||N.A||Nil Re|
|Colour Vision||N.A||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||N.A||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Near Vision||N.A||N-5 each eye|
Candidates must not have issues on any one of the following minor conditions.
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Hydrocele / Phimosis
- Condition of Overweight / Underweight
- Under Sized Chest
Regarding limits of the Tattoo:
Permanent body tattoos should be present only on their inner side of forearm, it must be ensured by the Candidates.
They accepts tattoos on the inside of elbow to the wrist and also on the reverse side of palm/dorsal (back)side of the hand.
It is must to ensure that, the permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable.
In exceptional cases like candidates has a background of a tribe, it is acceptable as for them it is customary to have tattoos.
Other basic medical conditions:
- Candidates appearing for it , should not have symptoms of the weak constitution of body or bodily defects.
- They must have a well developed chest.
- The function of the bones/joints should be normal or good.
- They should not have a history of medical breakdown or fits.
- They must have normal hearing capabilities.
- Speech should be Normal and candidates with impediment are rejected.
- Normal blood pressure provided no signs of heart disease or blood vessel related disease.
- No liver or spleen enlargement
- No abnormalities in urine
- No skin diseases
- No abnormalities in USG abdomen examination
- A sufficient number of natural and sounded teeth.
- Routine ECG for Air Force candidates must be in the range of normal limits.
Education qualifications remains different for these three academies. Candidates can check the educational qualification as prescribed below for different academies.
Candidates must have passed certification in Class 12 or HSC under 10 +2 pattern of education from school or equivalent from a recognised board/university.
Candidates must have passed certification in Class 12 or HSC under 10 +2 pattern of education from school with compulsory subjects of Physics and Mathematics under a State Education Board or a University.
Applying procedure for NDA:
Notification : Twice a year in October and March
Exam : Conducted in April and august.
NDA application form comprises two parts. Follow the below steps to fill the application form:
- Registrating the exam form by filling the required details (common personal details).
- Choosing the preferred branches under NDA.
- Verifying the details (once again which you have entered)
- Generating the registration ID
- Payment of application fee via online
- Selecting the exam centre as your locality or your wish
- Uploading the signature and photograph via online.
While completing with the application form, candidates must have the following documents with them.
- Scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Photo – identity card in PDF format.
- Bank details in order to make an online transaction.
- Mark sheet and admit card of Class 10 as well 12 also.
The entrance exam for NDA- National Defense Academy consists of a Written Exam followed by Intelligence and Personality test.
|2||General ability test||2.5 hours||600|
2.The general ability test consists of:
|Part B||General knowledge||400|
Grade and its Pay scale:
|Stipend , during training in IMA||INR 56,100/month|
|Lieutenant||INR 56,000 – 1,77,500 /month|
|Captain||INR 61,300 – 1,93,900 / month|
|Major||INR 69,400 – 2,07,200 / month|
|Lieutenant Colonel||INR 1,21,200 - 2,12,400 /month|
|Colonel||INR 1,30,600 – 2,15,900 / month|
|Brigadier||INR 1,39,600 -2,17,600 / month|
|Major General||INR 1,44,200 - 2,18,200/ month|
|Lt. General HAG Scale||INR-1,82,200 - 02,24,100 / month|
|HAG+ Scale||INR -2,05,400 - 02,24,400 / month|
|VCOAS/ Army Cdr/ Lt Gen (NFSG)||INR 2,25,000 FIXED per month|
|COAS||INR 2,50,000 Fixed per month|
5 Reasons, Why we should choose NDA?
- Fresh mind as the Candidates, just completed 12th grade and so had high trainability quotient.
- Highest vacancies, nearly 300-400 and have a better opportunity when compared with CDS, TGC, TES, SSC.
- Long training period for four years which really make out a Best Officer.
- NDA will be the Best career after completing 12th, since it has a future stability and also to safeguards the family.
- To clear this exam No Hard work but only Smart work. Serious efforts are only required to clear the Exam
- The exam is not that much tough making a strategy for clearing the exam by going through the syllabus, previous year papers and also sample papers can make you to successful.