Online course platforms are types of learning management systems (LMS) which provides the users to access the digital classes.
These Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) are becoming similar to offline classes in now a days.
As it enables an instructor to provide an engaging educational experience with the help of video, image, text, audio, and PDF files.
Along with these stuffs , students follow LMS software, take notes, undergoes exercises, and complete exams to test their knowledge themselves.
In now a days, most of us have smartphones and other internet-connected devices, and there are lots of user friendly apps that aim to make learning easier and quicker.
You can access materials wherever/whenever you required, as your materials are stored in internet.
By day to day, online learning platforms becoming diversified, even languages can be learnt by language learning apps and online flashcards.
There are the best e-learning online classroom services, for the younger ones and codings for schools.
Here I have given some famous and popular online platforms in this article and each platform is unique in its own way.
- It is a large online platform focusing on creative education.
- It includes topic anything from graphic design and music production and cooking.
- Some of the technical topics like data science, analytics, and e-commerce are also presented here.
- This platform has moreover 24,000 lessons, more than 4 million students, and over $5 million paid to teachers.
- Every Skillshare class is 20-60 minutes which is broken down into shorter lessons, and additionally projects and a community discussion is made to connect with other students.
- Since it is an creative topic, the open discussion is very beneficial for the students to share their progress and get feedback from others.
- For the premium members, this platform help with production, course planning, and can also help with online course creation at their studio in New York.
- If you are interested in doing your course focused on creative audience, Skillshare is a great platform to get noticed.
- The most popular topics present here were web design, email marketing, photography, painting, personal branding, and creative topics
READ THIS ARTICLE TOO: Best Health Guide During Examination.
- Earnings of this platform run through a royalty system.
- About 30 – 50% of Skillshare’s premium subscription revenue sends to a royalty pool for teachers in every month.
- The remaining money contributes for the marketing for promoting classes, and running day-to-day operations.
- This royalty system will be more beneficial only for well established Skillshare teachers, as they receive more share with respect to their course/class watched minutes.
- So, it will be difficult for the new instructors, to receive money at starting time.
- Moreover, if the students watch the classes at 2x speed only count as half the minutes toward the royalty pool.
- Another disadvantage is they only offer them to contact them is via email.
- It is another online course platform focusing on business professionals.
- It consists of over 1,000 business courses.
- Some of them were project management, web development, and digital marketing.
- This is an excellent platform for working professionals to keep themselves updated in day-to-day life.
- They offers certificates of course completion which can be added to their LinkedIn profile, making your online resume more stronger.
- It is one of the best online course platform with over 24 million students, 35,000 instructors, and 80,000+ courses which is unbelievable number.
- Before creating a course on Udemy, one should sign up to be a premium instructor.
- After getting your account approved, you can start creating your courses.
- If you were a creator, every material has to be 30+ minutes long and contain five lectures.
- It enables you to promote your courses inside their platform.
- They allows you to make use of their marketing features which is applied in site-wide discounts, marketing emails, or join their affiliate program with reasonable commissions.
4. Coursera :
- It is a professional online course platform that includes virtual classes from some of the world’s best companies and universities.
- Some of them were the University of Michigan, Duke, and Stanford.
- Instructors of the world’s top universities teach the courses which take 4-6 weeks to complete.
- It includes video lectures, peer-reviewed assignments, and discussions among the community.
ARE YOU A GATE ASPIRANTS : Read This Article.
5. GOOGLE CLASSROOM:
- It is increasingly common for schools, as its offers a great way for teachers to connect with students online.
- It enables to teach directly, and also provides catch-up works and notes, and the same additional homework for the students unable to attend the classes.
- Google Classroom uses Google Docs as a software tool which is the standard G suite office and also spreadsheet and presentation applications, audio, and video conferencing, not to mention Google Drive for online storage.
- Moreover, there are administrative tools which make the teachers to manage their classes easier.
This G Suite actually comes under into two forms;
1.Free platform with all of the above features.
2.G Suite Enterprise for Education with paid which extends the features to accommodate larger meetings and streaming capacity, as well as provide additional administrative functions.
- It is a best platform for beginners.
- Once you created an account, there by you’re joining 22,000 other instructors creating teaching platforms for their students.
- It enables you to choose the online course platform for free or select one of their three plans ranging from $29 to $399 per month
- Their most popular Professional Plan at $79/month as its done with zero transaction fees.
- It consists of graded quizzes, custom certificates after completion, website theme customizations – advanced, and support for up to 5 admin users.
- However, it is effortless to upload and edit your content look.
- It is present at the future of e-Learning as it has everything you need to create and sell an online course.
- Initially you have to create the look of your online course with their custom landing and sales pages.
- It offers you to use their library having
- Responsive templates and styles to build your course site.
- With the minimal knowledge of coding, user can customize the colour scheme of their course by using their theme editor.
Next, building your course .
- There you are allowed to use their already made course catalogs, so that you just add in your content.
- It enables you to use advanced features like interactive video players, online tests, e-books, and attachments which is downloadable.
- Students while taking their course, they can take notes, highlight important points, and get certificates of completion.
- If you want to market your course, you can white label your own content and use a full custom domain.
- Learnwords create your custom mobile app for your course and offers coupons and discounts to market to your students or users.
- It is an impressive online course platform which integrates with WordPress.
- Big websites using LearnDash include Yoast, Infusionsoft, the University of Michigan, and WP Elevation.
- One of their unique features is “Focus Mode,” which makes students to run through their course more conveniently by blocking out all distractions.
- You can integrate your online courses with an email drip schedule to send lessons according to your own schedule.
- This platform provides an overall grade based on quiz and homework scores.
- It also creates a weighted average score for reviewing the teachers.
- It is an excellent choice for the teachers who looking for grading systems that compete with the features of college curriculums.
- Podia allows over 11,000 users to create, host, and sell their lessons in their platform.
- It consists of three – step process has your course website and offers transaction fees for free.
- Though they don’t charge fees, their payment processors have transaction fees of 2.9% + 30¢.
- Some other features available in this platform were, ability to add coupons and memberships, pre-launch courses, add sales pages, and leverage courses.
- By interacting with members, bundling products, offering tiered plans, and connecting with social medias you can grow your online community.
- It enables you to run your own affiliate program in this platform.
- You can view all of your affiliates, and can customize with datas.
- It is a unique and worthwhile course builder, for a person looking for the ability to increase their sales with the help of affiliates.
10. WizIQ :
- It offers an easy way to set up virtual classrooms for live interactive online classes.
- Over 400,000 teachers have appeared into WizIQ to teach over 4 million students virtual classes across 200 countries.
- Some of the latest tools it uses for live training were discussion boards, video streaming, mobile options, assessments, and analytics.
- They offers 14- day free trail, if you are an educator or corporate leader who wants to reach their audience live present anywhere in the world.
- With the thinkific platform user can power their education empire.
- In this platform you can experience user-friendly features, email marketing tools, integration with membership site for your lessons, and customer support for 24/7.
- It is the only platform you need to create and sell your online courses.
- Initially, you can sign up and get a One-Month Free Trial for their Pro Plan
- If you want more courses for sales from the beginning, this plan provides you the ability to create unlimited courses.
- It provides you with memberships, advanced pricing options, landing pages, certificates after completion of courses, and marketing tools.
- Once you joined in your course content, you build your course site with their high-quality, well-designed templates:
- Then you can market and sell your course with the help of its business tools.
- It enables you to integrate Thinkific with more than 1,500 apps by using Zapier.
- Thinkific remains in first recommended, especially for course creators and entrepreneurs, marketing, and people with mind of creating and selling their online courses.