Union Public Service Commission(UPSC), Conducts the Civil Services Exam to recruit candidates for various departments of the Government of India, which is under civil services as follows;
1.Indian Police Service
2.Indian Foreign Service
3.Indian Administrative Services.
The examination is conducted throughout the country by having three phases on this examination. Check here for the complete details about UPSC Civil Services Examination 2021.
UPSC Civil Services Exam, 2021 Important Dates:
Issue of Notification 2nd week of February 2021
Application form availability 2nd week of February 2021
Last date for Application Submission 2nd week of March 2021
Prelims Admit card Last week of May 2021
Preliminary Exam date 1st week of June 2021
Prelims exam result in August 2021
Main Exam Admit Card September 2021
Main Exam Date 3rd week of September 2021
Declaration of the final result January 2020
Read this article Different Branches Of Civil Services
Candidate applying for the UPSC Civils must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
Candidates who are presently studying in the final year can also apply but have to submit the degree during an interview.
UPSC-Civil Services Exam 2021 Application Form:
Candidates arising for UPSC civil services as above mentioned jobs, need to fill the Application form online through the official website.
Note: There is no other mode for applying application form.
Make sure; you have learned all instructions given in the notification before applying for it. Stay tuned users; we will update here, UPSC-Civil Services online application form link after the release of official notice.
- The application fee for applying UP Civil Services 2021 is only 100INR.
- Government providing free of cost for applying, only for female and SC/ST/PH candidate
- Note: once the money is submitted, it is non-refundable.
- It is done via the banking/credit card/debit card of any bank.
It undergoes in 3 stages as follows,
Only the marks scored in the main exam & Interview will be considered for the final selection list.
Stage-1: Preliminary Exam (Objective type questions)
Stage-2: Main Exam (Descriptive Type)
Stage-3: Personal Interview.
- The pattern of the initial exam is called the CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). There will be 2 papers in the preliminary exam,
- Weighted for 200 marks each paper and 2 hours duration for each document.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode in their allotted centers.
It comprises of objective type questions focusing on following fields:
Current affairs, Indian history in all sectors, Indian national movements, Indian & world geography, Indian politics, economy, social development, environmental ecology, biodiversity, etc.
If you wanted to read The Hindu News Analysis Hindu Newspaper Epaper Pdf
It comprises the same objective type questions focusing on the following fields:
Comprehension, interpersonal skills, communication, logical reasoning, aptitude, decision making, problem-solving, data interpretation, English language and more.
The main exam has totally of 9 papers and candidates for the next round is selected by the sum of their marks.
It comprises of One Of The Indian Languages as per their native language for 300 marks
Candidate can take any Modern Indian language as per their wish but this paper is of qualifying nature.
It consisted of English for 300 marks
This paper is of qualifying nature of the candidates
It consisted of an Essay for 250 marks.
( Can be written in the English medium or language of the candidate’s choice)
Paper IV/V/VI/VII :
It based on General Studies (with 250 Marks For Each Paper
Paper-4 Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society
Paper-5 Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations
Paper-6 Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
Paper-7 Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude
Paper VIII & IX :
Paper-8 Optional Subject
paper-9 Candidate is allowed to take up the literature subject as an optional.
- The overall marks for Written Exam will be sum up of 1750.
Note: The first 2 papers is not taken into account.
- Candidates who have attained the minimum possible qualifying marks in the written part of the UPSC main exam fixed by the exam conducting authority. They will move to the final phase.
- The main objective of this test is to know about the applicant’s personal mentality and capability for a particular service.
- The board of competent conducting UPSC exams will evaluate the applicants based on their, mental abilities, intellectual skills, social traits & interest in current affairs.
- The applicants must have an interest in the current and previous affairs in Indian as well as in the world instead of showing their knowledge only in the particular academic subject.
Civil Services Exam 2020 Cut Off (Expected)
|Category||CS(PRE)||CS ( MAIN)||CD (FINAL)|
This year cutoff can be expected more or less equal to the cutoff of the previous year