The Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS) is one of the Group ‘A’ service. The selected candidates for this service IAAS will be working in the top and middle-level management of Indian Audit and Accounts Department.
The Head post of this department – Comptroller & Auditor General (CAG).
The 2 main objectives of IAAS:
In the Central Governments, State Governments, and Public Sector Undertakings.
Three offices are located in overseas – US, UK, & Malaysia, the reason is to carry out auditing of Global Multilateral organisations.
Indian Audit & Accounts Service (IA&AS) – Training period and implementing it :
The fresh candidates appointed as an Indian Audit & Accounts Service (IA&AS) are trained for 1 year 6 months at National Academy of Audit and Accounts situated in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
Government and Commercial accounting and auditing.
Implementing the training :
Next step is getting practical exposure on this work, by visiting various Government organisations like RBI, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, Bureau of Parliamentary Studies and also visiting premier institutes of India like IIM-Lucknow and London School of Economics (LSE) for getting further knowledge in this field
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE CANDIDATES :
Candidate must be under either category of the following:
• Citizen of India
• Subject of Nepal
• Subject of Bhutan
• A Tibetan refugee who came to India for permanent settlement in India, it should happen before January 1, 1962.
• People who migrated from the following countries to India permanently are permitted :
Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia Vietnam, the United Republic of Tanzania and East African countries of Kenya,
Candidate must be a Bachelor’s Degree holder from any of the recognized universities.
Candidates on the final will also be eligible for the Preliminary Examination. Those candidates must submit the certificate on the next stages.
Age limits :
Minimum age of 21 years and Maximum age of 30 years as on 1st of August during the year of examination.
|Categories||Relaxable age limits|
|The Defence services personnel||Up to 5 years|
|Ex-services blind deaf-mute orthopaedic ally handicapped personns||Up to 10 years|
Age limits :
|General categories||6 attempts|
Roles and responsibilities :
- Auditing the accounts of the Union territories, State governments and also public sector organizations.
- Their work and its role is almost similar to the US GAO and the National Audit Office (United Kingdom).
The uniqueness of this IAAS services:
- You can carry on with your job, in a quieter way, as other UPSC exam services are having somewhat publicity.
- Political interference is less when compared with other civil services.
- It’s a Golden opportunity for people interested in Accounting.
- Government survey concludes, among All India Services and central services, IAAS has the highest percentage of job satisfaction.
- They have opportunities to get a job in overseas.
- It’s very rare to get a posting in rural areas, while most of the people get postings in metro cities and state capitals.
Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS) – Grade and Salary
Before getting into any job for your carrier it’s necessary to know it’s the pay scale for its corresponding designation post. If you are looking for a job for your passion or by own interest, this salary part will be secondary. The designation post and is corresponding pay scale is given here for IAAS:
|Designation||Pay Scale (Rs.)||Grade|
|Assistant Director||8000-275- 13500||Junior Time Scale|
|Deputy Director||10000-325-15200||Senior Time Scale|
|Director||12300-375-16500||Junior Administrative Grade|
|Director||14300-400-18300||NFSG of Junior Administrative Grade|
|Principal Director||18400-500-22400||Senior Administrative Grade|
|Additional Deputy CAG||24050-650-26000|
|Deputy CAG (6 posts)||26000 (fixed)|
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.