The Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) is one of the ‘Group A’ services which is controlled by the Controller General of Accounts. The ICAS service was established and following from 1976 to provide believable accounting and auditing services to the Government of India. This service run under the Ministry of finance and officers needs to report to the Department of expenditure directly. Its main role is to submit the financial management recommendations and also solutions for the Government of India.
Let’s see here the detailed information about this civil service.
Table Of Contents
Eligibility and requirements :
The eligibility criteria for Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) will remains the same criteria as other civil services. The candidates clearing the civil services and according to their allotment rank, they will be selected for this service and have to undergo specified training for it.
The Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) had three stages of training programme after selecting as an ICAS candidate.
- The initial stage of training will be held at the National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Faridabad for a total training period of 6 months. Sometimes Controllerountry exposure tour may also include.
- The second stage of training for ICAS officers is held at the Institute of Government Accounts and Finance (INGAF)
- The third and final stage of training will be conducted in one of the 87 Pay & Accounts offices all over the country.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- The key role of an ICAS officer is to strengthen governance by applying their logical thinking In the financial field.
- Deliver and administer an effective and credible system for budgeting, payment and accounting.
- To create new standards of internal audit for improving accountability over Indian financial.
- Enforcing all kinds of information and communication technology for achieving the intended goal.
- To consolidate the accountants and report the functions for the entire tax and non-tax receipts of thee Government.
- This service is responsible for pension payments to Government employees, even for the Prime Minister and President of India.
- The monthly and annual accounts of the Union Government is consolidated by Controller General of Accounts on the basis of accounts submitted by Ministries and their respective departments.
- The highest position in the office to the Department of Expenditure is the CGA-Controller General of Accounts.
- Some of the top-level designations for the Senior level ICAS candidates are – Principal chief controller of accounts, chief controller of accounts, and controller of accounts.
- CAS officers support the CGA and help them by executing their duties as per the instructions of the Ministry of Finance.
- CAS officers may get chances to handle accounting and auditing in various ministries.
- ICAS officers commonly carriers with internal audits in various civil ministries of the government.
Previous Year Paper:
SALARY FOR RESPECTIVE DESIGNATIONS:
|1.||Junior Time Scale||INR 15,600-39,100 Grade Pay INR.5,400|
|2.||Senior Time Scale||INR. 15,600-39,100 Grade Pay INR 6,600|
|3.||Junior Administrative Grade||INR. 15,600-39,100 Grade Pay INR 7,600|
|Non-functional5.||Senior Administrative Grade||INR. 37,400-67,000 Grade Pay INR. 8,700|
|6.||Principal Chief Controller of Accounts||INR.67,000-79,000|
|7.||Additional Controller General of Accounts||INR.75,500-80,000|
|8.||Controller General of Accounts||INR.250000|
|9.||Assistant Controller of Account||INR.56100|
|10.||Deputy Controller of Account||INR.67700 – INR.78800|
|11.||Deputy Controller General of Account||INR.118500- INR.144200|
|12.||Chief Controller of Account||INR.182200|
|13.||Principal Chief Controller of Account||INR.20540|
|14||Additional Controller General of Account||INR.225000|