The Indian Information Service (IIS) is one of the Group ‘A’ Civil Services in which candidates can appear who successfully clearing the UPSC Civil Service Examination. They act as the bridge of sharing communication between the Government of India and the Public. These officers work under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
TRAINING PERIODS :
3 months of Foundation Course at the LBSNAA.
Candidates undergo training at the (IIMC) Indian Institute of Mass Communication for a total duration of 9 months.
At this stage, candidates will undergo training for a period of 1 year at various media in India which is the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
They are :
- DD News
- All India Radio
- Press Information Bureau
- Registrar of Newspapers for India
- Directorate of Field Publicity
- Publications Division
- Electronic Media Monitoring Centre
- Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity.
They too also serve their works, for one year in several outlets like PIB, DPD, NSD, RNI, AIR, DFP, DDN and NMW under Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- In the initial after getting into this service, candidates selected as Junior Grade Officer – he is posted as Assistant Director.
- The 1st promotion for them will be the Deputy Director.
- In the Junior Administrative, the position is Joint Director / or as the
- Deputy Secretary to the Government of India.
Roles and responsibilities :
- To Administrate and coordinate the work of the Press Information Bureau (PIB).
- To Conduct the publicity work for the government.
- To control and, supervise and guide the news service units.
- To Organise the press advertisement and visual publicity campaigns to spread important information to the people which includes the various policies and activities of the government.
- To monitor the legal issues involved in the verification of titles, registration and circulation regard with the newspaper, all over the country.
- To plan and execute the media strategy for the development of an Indian Government.
- Officers of IIS can get chances to get post over abroad especially in association with Prasar Bharati.
- They can also be promoted as Personal Secretaries in the Central Government on a co-terminus basis.
SALARY AND ITS DESIGNATION:
|Grade/Designation post||Pay scale|
|Junior Time Scale||8000-275-13500|
|Senior Time Scale||10650-325-15850|
|Junior Administrative Grade||12000-375-16500|
|Junior Administrative Grade (NFSG)||14300-400-18300|
|Senior Administrative Grade||18400-500-22400|
|Higher Administrative Grade||22400-525-24500|
|Director-General / Principal Information Officer||26000(Fixed)|
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.