Indian Postal Service:
In this, we article are going to see in detail the Indian Postal Service( IPoS). As usual, This is also one of the Indian civil services. The entrance exam of this service is also UPSC, ie. Union Public Service Commission. This service looks after the ‘India post.’ This service comes under the Ministry of communication and information technology.
This is also called the cadre controlling authority of IPoS. the higher grade officers of the post office hierarchy in India are The IPoS cadre officers. It also provides non-commercial services such as the disbursal of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MGNREGA) wages and old-age pensions.
- The eligibility criteria are as same as that of the other civil services.
- The candidate must clear the UPSC examination. Once he or she makes the UPSC examination, He must undergo the specified training.
- Another way to enter the service is to get promoted to Group B officers.
- But the condition is that they should have worked at this post for at least 3 years.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The major responsibility of the IPoS officers is the overall management of the India Post. He /take specifically to take care of a Postal Division he/she is appointed.
- Productive management and monitoring of postal services and strategies.
- Overall administration of the Post Offices and Mail Offices.
- Planning for optimization and development of the postal network within a division
- Dealing with customer associations and Public Grievance Redressal System.
- Trading of India Post services and products such as Banking and Insurance
- Harmonizing with various government agencies such as Police, District Administration, etc.
The directly recruited officers are initially sent for FC Training (Foundational Course) at 3threedifferent places (level 1)
|Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA)||Mussourie|
|National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT)||Nagpur|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy||Hyderabad|
Once the selected candidates complete training in the above institutes, they undergo a skillful training is conducted in Rafi Ahmed Kidwai National Postal Academy(RAKNPA) in Ghaziabad.
- This training is on the professional administration ,management and supervision of postal services.
Posts and salary:
|Junior level||Rs15,600 – 39,100 + Grade-Rs 5,400|
|Senior level||Rs15,600 – 39,100 + Grade- Rs 6,600|
|Junior Administrative level: including NFSG||Rs37,400 – 67,000 + Grade-Rs 8,700 for NFSG Rs 15,600 – 39,100 + Grade Rs 7, 600|
|Senior Administrative level||Rs 37,400 – 67,000 + grade- Rs 10,000|
- IPoS officers relish the same bonuses and facilities as other officers from ‘Group A’ Services of the Indian Government. They are also capable of meeting other services and can proceed with research vacations sponsored by the government.
- The IPoS cadre officers are capable to perform as Superintendent of Railway Mail Service and also as Director-General of Posts
- IPoS cadre officers can also act as the head of post offices as Postmaster and also serve as General Chairman of the Postal Services Board.
- In the field, they would work in the position of Chief Postmaster and Additional Postmaster General.
- IPoS cadre officers can work as Senior Superintendent of Post Offices during their junior levels.
- And also they could serve as Secretary to the Government of India during their senior levels
- At last this article is concluded by saying among the Group ‘A’ Services, IPoS is supposed to possess the best promotional possibilities .
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.